Linocut Workshop 07. August
Saturday 8 August 14.00 to 18.00h
at Grimm´s Garten in Berlin Mitte
Linocut is an easy way to bring your designs to life and create many originals from your designs. The perfect medium for small art prints or greeting cards for family and friends or to decorate your home.
Our introduction to linocut workshop will take you step by step from your idea to a finished print in 4 hours. Your own design with one or two colours up to A5 size (14,8 x 21cm). Feel free to bring your own ideas or templates. Of course, you will learn about the materials and tools you can use to put your designs on paper. We will use safe, water-soluble paint and a small press.
HOW TO PREPARE
Gather inspiration in advance – what print do you want to make? Bring some drawings. Otherwise we have some designs to help you get started
This workshop is suitable for all -beginners or those with some linocut/linoprint experience.
AFTER THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand linoleum as a relief printing medium.
- Use essential tools such as inks, cutting tools, pens, rollers and hand presses.
- Understand the different papers suitable for printing on linoleum.
- Perform basic cuts to create a variety of effects.
- Adapt a design to print with linoleum in one or two colours.
- Transfer your design onto the linoleum for a perfect print.
Materials & Tools Provided
- Artist grade linoleum plates to carve. A5 size
- Paint and Rollers
- Papers to print
- Linocut tools to cut
- Optional: extra papers to make more prints, Linocut kit to take home
WHAT YOU TAKE HOME
- A linoleum plate with your design up to A5 size
- Up to 15 art prints
- A special folder for your plate and prints
- A short tutorial to take home.